http://www.nomblog.com/3588/ - Maggie Gallagher on CNN with Anderson Cooper last August.
If you can't even defend your opinion as to why a US judge is biased in favor of same-sex marriage on a national-broadcast CNN interview and also feel the need to interrupt the other parties in the discussion before it is your fair turn to speak, I think you need to plan your strategy a little more thoroughly. For one thing, it's just bad manners and makes you look impatient and intolerant before you've even opened your mouth.
The day that a LGBT person tells me that I as a straight person am no longer allowed to marry someone of the opposite sex, then maybe I'll consider being on your side.
Oh, and what do you mean by your "core civil right"? The right to defy a fellow human being their right as a human to marry? The right to blatantly promote "awareness" of LGBT relationships as wrong, illegal, or immoral?
That interview was not combative, contrary to what the blog post says. Maggie was using circular arguments, essentially using the grown-up's version of "because I said so", and to me it appears that the interviewer was merely trying to get a personal opinion out of Maggie- an opinion that (hopefully) had some logic and reasoning behind it. Fat chance, I think. Actually, using the words "same-sex marriage", "is" and "wrong" together in the same sentence on national television = probably not the smartest move on her part.
It's the overturning of same-sex marriage as being wrong- I'm not that judge you speak oh-so-"fondly" of, but if I were, I like to think I'd be jumping at the bit to preside at a trial like this one. It IS a historic trial, regardless of what you think.
By the way, don't you just love the "oh, fuck" look on her face when the interviewer mentions that Americans were also at one point opposing interracial marriage?
Maggie Gallagher, people like you make me want to throw up.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Have a question or just something to say? Leave one.