Monday, April 20, 2009

I'm trying to act like it's not getting to me. I'm trying to just go on. I wish you would do the same.
I wish you'd never loved me.
I've spent the nights alone even though I so desperately wanted- no, needed- somebody to talk to. Not for a long time has the night seemed so dark; and not for a long time has the darkness seemed so solid. I can't even see the moon anymore...but maybe that's just because now, even looking at it hurts.
Not for years have I been so afraid to turn off the light because of what might find me in my sleep.
I'll fight to try and live my life, but baby here's the thing-
It's hard to take the punches when you've fallen from the ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or just something to say? Leave one.