Wednesday, March 3, 2010

regrets? no, thank you.

Only one more month until I move.
Only one more month until I leave this apartment, which has been my home since Canada Day 2009.
One more month to pack up the things of my life that didn't get taken to Campbell River when my parents and sister moved.
Jenessa's been good to me and I've loved staying here.  I'm going to miss PG.  I'll even miss Linus a bit.  But just a little.  Bastard kitty.
I remember when I first moved in, Jenessa was on vacation and I thought I broke the closet in the living room.  Turns out I didn't.
I'm doing a sort of "PG in pictures" thing to show off before I leave.  I've been taking pictures of town and such, even though most of them were taken in my room, up at school, or on the bus.  Just goes to show where I spend most of my time, I guess.
I don't regret anything I've done.  Everything's just been another chapter in my limitless book about life.  Everything I've done, everything I've experienced so far, has had a purpose.  It's helped to make me who I am.  And for that, I don't grudge it.  I don't even think I regret not leaving sooner.  If I'd left sooner, then the things that have happened since that point wouldn't have happened.  And I wouldn't be the same complex and many-sided person that I am now.
I'd be complex, of course.  I've always been some sort of complex.  And weird, and intense.  But I wouldn't be quite the same.
No, regrets are for people who want to forget.  Regrets are for those who think that even mistakes don't help shape who you are.
Regret nothing.  Live everything.
Strive.  Seek.  Find.  But never yield.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or just something to say? Leave one.