Thursday, April 24, 2008

csi, a fan, and chapattis.

Oh, Mamee. I had no idea.
 
Things are going well here- it's still hot as blazes, but the burn's almost gone and it's started raining at night. I was woken up at 2AM the other day by this huge BANG of thunder during a particularly nasty storm. I've found I've been thinking a lot. About me. About people around me. About the world. About everything. I walk around and I see people and I wonder what their lives are like. Mamee and I had lunch together today, just the two of us. Just like old times, all those Saturdays ago. I've missed her. I wish I'd known.

I took a walk over to the coffee shop today, to see if Per and Ploy were back from Japan yet. They aren't but the lady there promised to let them know I'd come by. I went to ABAC with Sitt yesterday and who did I see? Afton, think "Nae-Nonn". Rem-em-berrrrrrr? Chai! P'Bank. *blushy* He's studying at ABAC now. He's gotten taller, if possible. Now he must be something like 6'3. He looks just the same as he did at satit. ABAC is such a nice university, and apparently they have one hell of a good TESL program. Every time I pass a police officer now, I give a little snort or I roll my eyes. Today Mamee and I were driving over to Thanon Phuttamonthon Sai 2 and on the way, I saw the Giant Swing. Hard to believe that people used to actually jump from that thing for bags of gold. Wouldn't catch me doing it! I was at Big C earlier and as I was passing the food court, I caught a glimpse of those "beer bongs" that Megan and Clair and Marius and I used to joke about so often. Ahh, CAMM. It's so strange being here without them, and yet every day I'm expecting to turn the corner and see them standing there, waiting for me so we can make another "illegal" trip to Bangkok. It's not the same, being without them. There's nobody to try new things with, like that gross drink from the 7-11, or shock people with, like the time I was accidentally impersonating Marilyn Monroe at Om Pra. I've seen Clair's host mom and I've seen Megan's host mom and grandma and I've seen my second host family. But I haven't seen them. No more playing takraw and soccer with the salesboys at Big C...no more songthaew rides...no more night market trips as a "group of guavas"...no more "ja bai Sanamchan". Those days are over, but I miss them so much.

Still haven't taken many pictures yet, but there's plenty of time for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or just something to say? Leave one.